01 Jun Timeline For Planning a Custom LED Landscape Lighting Project
By Mike Gambino
So you have decided to install a Custom LED Landscape Lighting System around your home on your property, that’s great! Not only will you be able to work with your chosen professional to design it to be both perfectly functional and equally stunning for you and your family. You will also be increasing the feeling of safety and security around the home making the out of doors more usable at night all while boosting your home’s value! Before you get started, though, there is a timeline you should consider for your custom built landscape lighting project. Especially important if you are planning the completion of the project before a major party or event. Remember that the entire process, from choosing the best design build professional to putting the final fixture in the ground, will take time. Make sure that you allow for enough time or you could find yourself in a pretty unpleasant situation! Read on for more tips on planning your install that will help you allow for the time involved while still getting you that awesome lighting system as quickly as possible!
Professional Designer/Builders Availability
Quite often we will be contacted by a prospective client who wants a permanently installed custom LED landscape lighting system before a major party or event which is great news. Unfortunately there are times we cannot accommodate them because they have not allowed enough time for planning and installation. Hopefully this article will encourage those wanting a new system installed by a definite cutoff date to allow enough time so their professional builder of choice will be able to install a system that will not only highly perform and be the talk of that party but also be reliable and last a long time beyond. This is accomplished by allowing enough time to plan. The Best landscape Lighting Design Build Specialists are in demand and can be at times booked out for several months. Buyers should be especially suspicious of anyone who is immediately available.
Things To Consider
Custom LED landscape lighting is very rewarding when done properly and a great return on investment, but since every project and property is different you will need to consider the various areas of your yard you’re planning on doing and how complex the lighting effects will be. The more complicated the preparation and implementation the longer it will end up taking to complete. Not only that, but your time spent planning needs to be considered as well. If you are getting any landscaping upgraded you obviously need to take into account its completion in regards to your timeline, but also about how it fits into your project schedule as a whole? Make it a priority to plan out what you want installed and upgraded first, and then what will follow after that. Planning this out well could take up to 1-2 weeks, so add that to your timeline first.
- Hiring a Specialized landscape lighting design and installation contractor makes the most sense if quality, efficiency , time and the best use of your budget are the most important considerations. Hiring a company like Gambino Landscape Lighting who actually stocks its own custom made products used on every project is a definite time saving advantage in terms of actual lead time needed to gather all the materials you will need for your project. Otherwise the reality is that the best products are not readily available and they likely won’t be as easy to procure by picking everything up at the local big box store. There are some items that may not be stocked and need be ordered online or special ordered, and delivery as a result can take anywhere from 1-7 weeks. In some cases it will be even longer, so this can really push your project back.
- If you are hiring a professional specialist for your landscape lighting installation that does not mean everything will be done in a single day. The amount of time it will take will vary depending on the work being done. Try not to get too frustrated, as hiring professional specialists means that specialized contractors will get it done much faster than a non specialized trade could have done it, and do it very well. As a whole this may take up to 2-4 weeks, for large projects but it’s well worth the wait.
- If you choose a sideliner depending on the amount of knowledge and experience they have, it might take months to finish the work. This is because they have a fulltime job doing something else, and getting your landscape lighting project done on weekends and evenings doesn’t leave you with much time.
- Of course, after everything has been installed and adjusted, you’ll want to view your new custom landscape lighting system in the dark along with your lighting professional and make a few tweaks if needed. After all, you want your landscape lighting to be perfect and just the way you want it!
- Once you’ve completely finished the landscape lighting you’re bound to feel delighted every time you step outside at night or from window views.! It may have taken you a long time to get to where you are, but it’s better to spend the days and weeks doing something properly then rushing it and being unhappy with the finished product. Congratulations on accomplishing your landscape lighting project!
Now that you understand the timeline for landscape lighting projects you should be able to tackle this without any surprises. Important and worthwhile home improvements such as these take a lot of time and patience.
This landscape lighting blog is published by Mike Gambino of Gambino landscape lighting inc. all rights reserved. Mike is a professional landscape lighting system designer/ builder and has been designing, installing and maintaining landscape lighting systems for more than 28 years. Mike resides in the Los Angeles area with his wife and 2 sons. To visit his website go to www.Gambinolighting.com . To inquire about hiring Mike please click here .
Blog articles may be published with permission on other websites without editing or removing links.